- To progress.
- Let's see how things and then make our decision.
- To progress through a sequence of stages.
- Isabel developed from a tropical depression to a tropical storm to a hurricane.
- An embryo develops into a fetus and then into an infant.
- To create.
- I need to a plan for the next three weeks.
- To bring out images latent in photographic film.
- Please this roll of film.
- (context, Chess) To place ones pieces actively.
- I need to my white-square bishop.
- (context, snooker, pool) To cause a ball to become more open and available to be played on later. Usually by moving it away from the cushion, or by opening a pack.
Etymology: From développer < desveloper (English disvelop) < desveloper.
- French: développer
- German: entwickeln
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for develop for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.