- Tending to derogate, or lessen in value; expressing derogation; detracting; injurious; -- with from to, or unto.
- Acts of Parliament derogatory from the power of subsequent Parliaments bind not. --w:Blackstone.
- His language was severely censured by some of his brother peers as derogatory to their other. --w:Macaulay.
- (Law) When referring to a clause in a testament: a sentence of secret character inserted by the testator alone, of which he reserves the knowledge to himself, with a condition that no will he may make thereafter shall be valid, unless this clause is inserted word for word; -- a precaution to guard against later wills extorted by violence, or obtained by suggestion.
- German: law: derogativ, derogatorisch; language: abwertend, pejorativ
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for derogatory for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.