- The vertical distance below a surface; the amount that something is deep.
- Measure the of the water in this part of the bay.
- The distance between the front and the back, as the depth of a drawer or closet.
- (context, figurative) The intensity, complexity, strength, seriousness or importance of an emotion, or situation.
- The of her misery was apparent to everyone.
- The of the crisis had been exaggerated.
- (context, computing, colors) The total palette of available colors.
- (context, art, photography) The property of appearing three-dimensional.
- The of field in this picture is amazing.
- Dutch: diepte
- French: profondeur
- German: Tiefe
- Italian: profondití
- Spanish: profundidad
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for depth for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.