- Sediment or rock that is not native to its present location or is different from the surrounding material. Sometimes refers to ore or gems.
- asset that was left to the care of the other
- Money placed in an account.
- The act of placing money into an account.
- Anything left behind on a surface.
- a mineral
- a of seaweed on the shore
- A sum of money or other asset given as an initial payment, to show good faith, or to reserve something for purchase.
- They put a on the apartment.
- Dutch: storting
- French: dépí´t
- (transitive) To leave or adhere one material or item onto another.
- He deposited his gum on the bottom of the table.
- To entrust one's assets to the care of another. Sometimes done as collateral.
- (transitive) To put money or funds into an account.
- Dutch: storten
- French: déposer
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for deposit for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.