- (transitive) To prepare and arrange (usu. military unit or units) for use.
- The word has roots as a military term, used to describe the placement of equipment and troops in a battlefield.
- "Deploy two units of infantry along the enemy's flank," the general ordered.
- (intransitive) To unfold, open, or otherwise become ready for use.
- He waited tensely for his parachute to deploy.
- (computing) to install, test and implement a computer system or application. The term can be used to refer to any installation and testing, such as setting up a new network in an enterprise, to installing a server farm, to implementing a new application over a distributed computing network. http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/deploy.html
- The process for the deployment scenario includes: building a master installation of the operating system, creating it's image and deploying the image onto a destination computer.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for deploy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.