noun (dependenc, ies)
- A state of dependence; a refusal to exercise initiative:
- Frank's sullen was driving his father nuts.
- Something dependent on, or subordinate to, something else:
- In the United States' governmental structure, the military is conceived as a under the executive branch.
- A colony, or a territory subject to rule by an external power.
- A dependence on a habit-forming substance such as a drug or alcohol; addiction.
- (computing) In object-oriented programming, the use by one object of the functionality of another.
- Dutch: (t, nl, afhankelijkheid, f)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dependency for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.