- The act or state of growing worse, or the state of having become worse; decline; degradation; debasement; degeneracy; deterioration.
- 1913, B. H. Carrol, An Interpretation of the English Bible,
- :The modern cry of "more liberty and less creed" is a from a vertebrate to a jellyfish.
- That condition of a tissue or an organ in which its vitality has become either diminished or perverted; a substitution of a lower for a higher form of structure; as, fatty degeneration of the liver.
- A gradual deterioration, from natural causes, of any class of animals or plants or any particular organ or organs; hereditary degradation of type.
- The thing degenerated.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for degeneration for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.