- One is degenerate, who has fallen from previous stature.
- You are a , boy. You're a disgrace to your ancestors.
- French: dégénérer
- Italian: degenerare
- (of qualities) having deteriorated, degraded or fallen from normal, coherent, balanced and desire, desirable to an undesirable and typically abnormal
- (of a human or system) having lost good or desirable qualities
- (of an encoding or function) having multiple domain elements correspond to one element of the range
- ''The genetic code is degenerate because a single amino acid can be coded by one of several codon, codons.
- (math) a degenerate case is a limiting case in which a class of object changes its nature so as to belong to another, usually simpler, class.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for degenerate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.