- The condition of failing to meet an obligation.
- You may cure this default by paying the full amount within a week.
- A loss incurred by failing to compete.
- The team's three losses include one default.
- (computing) A value used when none has been given. Often used attributively, e.g., default value.
- If you don't specify a number of items, the default is 1.
- To fail to meet an obligation.
- You were required to make a payment on the first of the month. You have defaulted.
- To lose a competition by failing to compete.
- If you refuse to wear a proper uniform, you will not be allowed to compete and will default this match.
- (computing) To assume a value when none was given.
- If you don't specify a number of items, it defaults to 1.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for default for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.