- The estimated number of unreported criminal cases; the dark figure of crime.
- 1977: US Congressional House Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee on Crime, Suspension of the National Crime Survey, page 15
- :In exploring the of crime, the primary question is not how much of it becomes revealed but rather what will be the selective properties of any particular innovation for its illumination.
- 1992: Hisao Katoh, Louise I. Shelley, Hisao KatÅ�, Hans-Gí¼nther Heiland, Crime and Control in Comparative Perspectives, page 49, Walter de Gruyter
- :The concerning these criminal offences, is very high and the attitude towards reporting such cases is not constant.
- 2000: Piers Beirne, James W. Messerschmidt, Criminology
- :By definition, they ignore the unreported "" of crime. We turn now to a second source of official crime data.
- German: Dunkelziffer
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dark figure for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.