- The abstract measure of something not being intact; harm.
- The storm did a lot of to the area.
- (slang) cost, Cost or expense.
- "What's the ?" he asked the waiter.
verb (damag, ing)
- Dutch: schade(nl)
- German: Schaden(de)m
- To make something less intact or even destroy it; to harm or cause destruction.
- Be careful not to any of the fragile items while unpacking them.
Etymology: From Old French, damage (Modern French dommage), from damnum.
- Dutch: beschadigen
- German: beschí¤digen(de)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for damage for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.