- An interval of space or time in which one set of events or phenomena is completed.
- A complete rotation of anything.
- A process that returns to its beginning and then repeats itself in the same sequence.
- A series of poems, songs or other works of art
- A programme/program on a washing machine, dishwasher, etc.
- Put the washing in on a warm cycle.
- A generic term for a pedal-powered vehicle (unicycles, bicycles and tricycles), or motorized vehicle that has either two or three wheels (motorbike, motorcycle, motorized tricycle, motortrike).
- (baseball) When a batter hits a single, a double, a triple, and a homer in the same game
- Jones hit for the in the game.
verb (cycl, ing)
- Dutch: cyclo- (only used in compounds: cyclo-sport), rijwiel (usually a bicycle)
- German: Programm
- Italian: ciclo
- Spanish: ciclo
- To ride a
- Noun, cycle.
- To go through a cycle or to put through a cycle.
- (electronics) To turn power off and back on
- Avoid cycling the device unnecessarily.
- (icehockey) To maintain a team's possession of the puck in the offensive zone by handling and passing the puck in a loop from the boards near the goal up the side boards and passing to back to the boards near the goal
- They have their cycling game going tonight.
Etymology: From cyclus, from Ancient Greek (kyklos).
- Dutch: inschakelen, in- en uitschakelen, aanzetten, aan- en uitzetten, uit-/afzetten
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cycle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.