verb (crucifies, crucifying, crucified)
- To execute (a person) by nailing to a crucifix.
- (figuratively) To punish or otherwise express extreme anger at.
- Don't get into trouble with the boss - he'll crucify you.
- (figuratively) (colloquial) To thoroughly beat (in a sport or game).
- West Ham beat Manchester City five nil - they crucified them!
- Italian: crocifiggere, crocefiggere
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for crucify for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.