noun (collective name: murder)
- A bird, usually black, of the genus Corvus, having a strong conical beak, with projecting bristles; it has a harsh, croaking call.
- A bar of iron with a beak, crook, or claw; a bar of iron used as a lever; a crowbar.
- The cry of the rooster.
verb (crows, crowing, crowed)
- Dutch: hanengekraai
- French: chant(fr)m
- German: Krí¤hen(de)n
- Italian: cornacchia(it)f
- Spanish: corneja(es)f, cuervo(es)m
- To make the shrill sound characteristic of a rooster; to make a sound in this manner, either in joy, gaiety, or defiance.
- To shout in exultation or defiance; to brag.
- To utter a sound expressive of joy or pleasure.
- Dutch: kraaien(nl)
- German: jauchzen(de)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for crow for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.