verb (crouches, crouching, crouched)
- (obsolete) A cross.
- To bend down; to stoop low; to lie close to the ground with legs bent, as an animal when waiting for prey or in fear.
- We crouched behind the low wall until the squad of soldiers had passed by.
- To bend servilely; to stoop meanly; to fawn; to cringe.
- To sign with the cross; to bless.
- To bend, or cause to bend, as in humility or fear.
- French: se tapir, s'accroupir, se recroqueviller
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for crouch for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.