- A non-genuine article; a fake.
- Dutch: vervalsing
- French: contrefaí§on
- German: Fí¤lschung
- Italian: contraffazione , falso
- To produce (art, money, etc...) that appears to be official or valid.
- Dutch: vervalsen
- French: contrefaire
- German: fí¤lschen
- Italian: contraffare, falsificare
- false, especially of money; intended to deceive or carry appearance of being genuine.
Etymology: From contrefait.
- Dutch: namaak, nep
- French: contrefait
- German: falsch
- Italian: contraffazione, falso
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for counterfeit for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.