noun (plural: cornerstones)
- A ceremonial stone set at the corner of a building, joining two exterior walls, and often inscribed with the starting and completion dates of construction, the name of the architect and owner, and other details.
- The on the Flatiron Building is set on the Fifth Avenue facade.
- By extension, that which is prominent, fundamental, noteworthy, or central.
- Exceptional service is the of the hospitality industry.
- German: (t, de, Grundstein) (1,2)
- Spanish: piedra angular (1), fundamento
- Spanish, fundamento (2).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cornerstone for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.