- (idiom) Avoidance or inadequate performance of a task or duty; the action of cop out, copping out.
- His disappearance on the day of the audition was just a .
- (idiom) An excuse made in order to avoid performing a task or duty; a reason offered when someone cops out.
- It was a to say he couldn't sign the petition because he sprained his wrist.
- (idiom) A person who cops out.
- He's always a when there's hard work to be done.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cop-out for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.