noun (plural coots)
- Any of various aquatic birds of the genus Fulica of the northern hemisphere that are mainly black with a white bill.
- A stupid fellow; a simpleton; as, a silly coot.
- (derogatory) An elderly man.
- The Coot (slang) A success; something excellent.
- Man that song's the coot.
- Would be the coot if we could go this weekend!
- German: Blí¤sshuhn , Blesshuhn , Blessralle , Wasserhuhn
- Italian: folaga
- Spanish: gallareta
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for coot for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.