- any goods which are illicit or illegal to possess
- goods which are prohibited from being traded, smuggled goods
- an escaped slave during the Civil War who was taken behind Union lines
- (rfv-sense) prohibited from being traded
- 1940 - The Code of Federal Regulations of the United States of America: Having ... - Division of the Federal Register, the National Archives - Page 2191
- "... when the seizure is made in connection with a violation involving a article covered by section 1 (b) (1) of the said Act; ..."
- 1953 - United States, United States. President, United States. Congress - United States Code Congressional and Administrative News - Page 2039
- "The exclusion of mandatory payment of moieties for seizures of controlled substances is accomplished through Section 17 of the bill, ..."
- 1899 - Albert William Chaster - The Powers, Duties and Liabilities of Executive Officers as Between These ... - Stevens and Haynes - Page 55
- "4. Contraband goods may be seized if found in a river before they are landed or offered for sale."
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for contraband for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.