- (astronomy): Any of the 88 officially recognized collections of stars in the night sky.
- An arbitrary formation of stars perceived as a figure or pattern.
- An image associated with a group of stars.
- (astrology): The configuration of planets, as used for determining a horoscope.
- (figurative) A wide, seemingly unlimited assortment.
- A of possibilities.
Etymology: Latin, constellÄtiÅn, from con- "with" and stella "star"
- Dutch: sterrenbeeld , constellatie
- French: constellation
- German: Sternbild
- Italian: costellazione
- Spanish: constelación
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for constellation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.