- A belief in or allegation of a group conspire, conspiring, or having conspired, to commit an illegal or wrongful act, or to cover up such an act; especially, such a belief that is rejected by mainstream sources.
- (context, dismissive) Hence, any belief that is considered far-fetched by the mainstream; a crackpot theory.
- 2007, Rick Huffman, Baxter Peanut, Xlibris Corporation, ISBN 1425737196, page 153,
- :"So, like I"m Rock Hudson? I"m not sure that"s the answer." <br /> "Ah," Lola smiles knowingly, "that"s all just a . He enjoyed the ladies too."
- German: Verschwí¶rungstheorie
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for conspiracy theory for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.