- one who is compulsorily enrolled, often into a military service; a draftee
- The soldier was a conscript.
- Dutch: dienstplichtige
- French: conscrit, appelé
- German: Wehrpflichtiger
- Italian: coscritto
- Spanish: conscripto, recluta, colimba
Etymology: cÅnscriptus, past participle of cÅnscrÄbere
- Dutch: dienstplichtig
- German: verpflichtet, einberufen
- Spanish: reclutado, enrolado, alistado
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for conscript for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.