- A specialist of a given field whose opinion is valued; especially in one of the fine arts, or in a matter of taste
- 1883: w:Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Louis Stevenson, w:Treasure Island, Treasure Island
- : This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a , lingering on the taste...
- Dutch: kenner
- French: connaisseur , connaisseuse
- German: Kenner
- Italian: intenditore , conoscitore ; esperto; connaisseur
- Italian, connaisseur
- Spanish: connaisseur; connoisseur
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for connoisseur for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.