- The act of joining or being joined.
- (grammar) A word used to join other words or phrases together into sentences. The specific conjunction used shows how the two joined parts are related.
- (astronomy) The alignment of two bodies in the solar system such that they have the same longitude when seen from Earth.
- (astrology) An aspect in which planets are in close proximity to one another.
- (context, logic) The proposition resulting from the combination of two or more propositions using the âˆ§ (<math>\and</math>) operator.
Etymology: Via Old French from coniunctio, coniÅnctiÅ, joining, from coniungere, to join.
- Dutch: voegwoord
- French: conjonction
- German: Konjunktion
- Italian: congiunzione
- Spanish: conjunción
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for conjunction for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.