- A statement or idea which is unproven, but is thought to be true; a guess.
- I explained it, but it is pure whether he understood, or not.
- A supposition based upon incomplete evidence; a hypothesis.
- The physicist used his about subatomic particles to design an experiment.
- (obsolete) The interpretation of signs and omens.
verb (conjectur, ing)
- Dutch: gissing , giswerk
- German: Vermutung
- Italian: congettura
- (intransitive) To guess; to venture an unproven idea.
- I don't know if it is true, I'm just conjecturing here.
- German: vermuten, mutmaíčen
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for conjecture for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.