verb (confus, ing)
Translations: Etymology: Literally, to mix or join together. The word itself is a confusion of the prefix con- (a variant on the Latin prefix com-, meaning with or together) and the verb fuse (meaning join).
- To thoroughly mix; to confound; to disorder.
- (obsolete) To rout; discomfit.
- To mix up; to puzzle; to bewilder.
- To make uneasy and ashamed; to embarrass.
- To mistake one thing for another.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for confuse for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.