Translations: verb (composit, ing)
- A mixture of different components.
- A structural material that gains its strength from a combination of complementary materials.
- (botany) A plant belonging to the family Compositae.
- (mathematics) A function of a function.
- To make a composite.
- I composited an image using computer software.
Translations: Etymology: From French, composite, from compositus, past participle of componere "put together".
- Made up of multiple components; compound or complex.
- (architecture) Being a mixture of Ionic and Corinthian styles.
- (mathematics) Not prime; having factors.
- (botany) Being a member of the Compositae family (now known as Asteraceae).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for composite for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.