- :In a civil action, the first pleading of the plaintiff setting out the facts on which the claim is based;<br>The purpose is to give notice to the adversary of the nature and basis of the claim asserted.
- :In Criminal law, the preliminary charge or accusation made by one person against another to the appropriate court or officer, usually a magistrate.<br>However, court proceedings, such as a trial, cannot be instituted until an indictment or information has been handed down against the defendant.
- a grievance, problem, difficulty, or concern; the act of complaining
Translations: Etymology: compleynte < compleint, from compleindre.
- I have no complaints about the quality of his work, but I don't enjoy his company.
- a bodily disorder or disease; the symptom of such a disorder
- Don't come too close, I've got this nasty .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for complaint for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.