- The act or an instance of committing, putting in charge, keeping, or trust, especially:
Translations: Etymology: (suffix, commit, ment)
- The act of sending a legislative bill to committee for review
- Official consignment sending a person to prison or a mental health institution
- Promise or agreement to do something in the future, especially:
- Assuming a financial obligation at a future date
- Being bound emotionally/intellectually to a course of action or to another person/other persons.
- Perpetration, in a negative manner, as in a crime or mistake.
- State of being pledged or engaged.
- The trait of sincerity and focused purpose.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for commitment for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.