- An order, a compelling task given to an inferior or a machine.
- Unit of military personnel.
- (baseball) The degree of control a pitcher has over his pitches.
- He's got good tonight.
- German: Befehl , Kommando
- Dutch: bevelen
- To order, to compel an inferior or a machine to do something.
- To hold, to control the use of
- The fort commanded the bay.
Etymology: From comander (French: commander), from
- German: befehlen, kommandieren
- commandare, from commandare ((prefix, com, mandare)).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for command for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.