- A toothed implement for grooming the hair.
- A machine used in separating choice cotton fibers from worsted cloth fibers.
- A fleshy growth on the top of the head of some birds and reptiles: crest.
- An old English measure of corn equal to the half quarter.
- 1882, But the comb or half quarter is very general in the Eastern counties, particularly in Norfolk. — James Edwin Thorold Rogers, A History of Agriculture and Prices in England, Volume 4, page 207.
- The top part of a gun"s stock.
- Dutch: kam(nl)m
- French: peigne(fr)m
- German: Kamm(de)m
- Italian: cresta(it)f
- Spanish: cresta(es)f
- To groom the hair with a toothed implement.
- To separate choice cotton fibers from worsted cloth fibers.
- To search thoroughly as if raking over an area with a comb.
Etymology: Old English camb
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for comb for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.