- possess, Posessing prominent and varied colour, colors.
- 1895, The Annual of the British School at Athens
- :It was a colourful vase with red and white hoops on the lid, and red bands above and below the main frieze. These bands also carry a metope pattern in white of triple lines and blobs, which can just be distinguished on the photographs.
- interesting, Interesting, multifaceted, energetic, distinctive.
- 1895, H. Walter Staner and Henry Sturmey, The Autocar
- :One of the most colourful people in motor racing, he writes in a colourful manner''.
- (euphemism) profane, Profane, obscene, offensive (usually in the phrase colourful language).
- 2002, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/2127589.stm news.bbc.co.uk
- :Hussain celebrated reaching his ton with a gesture towards the media centre, pointing to the number three on the back of his shirt and offering some colourful language.
- Dutch: kleurrijk
- French: coloré
- German: farbig, farbenprí¤chtig, farbenfroh, bunt, Kunterbunt
- Spanish: lleno , de color
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for colorful for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.