- A farm owned by a collection of people.
- (grammar) A collective noun or name.
- Formed by gathering or collecting; gathered into a mass, sum, or body; congregated or aggregated; as, the collective body of a nation.
- (obsolete): Deducing consequences; reasoning; inferring.
- (grammar): Expressing a collection or aggregate of individuals, by a singular form; as, a collective name or noun, like assembly, army, juri, etc.
- Tending to collect; forming a collection.
Translations: Etymology: collectivus: confer collectif.
- Local is his throne . . . to fix a point, A central point, of his sons. -Young.
- Having plurality of origin or authority; as, in diplomacy, a note signed by the representatives of several governments is called a collective note.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for collective for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.