- A beverage made by infuse, infusing the beans of the coffee plant in hot water.
- A serving of the beverage coffee
- We"d like three coffees on this table please
- The seeds of the plant used to make coffee, misnamed "beans" due to their shape.
- A tropical plant of the genus Coffea.
- (colour) A pale brown colour, like that of milk coffee.
- <table><tr><td>coffee colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 6F4E37" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- Dutch: (t, nl, mokka, n), (t, nl, koffiebruin, n)
- French: caféier(fr)m
- German: Kaffeepflanze
- Italian: caffè(it)m
- Spanish: café(es)m
- (colour) Of a pale brown colour, like that of milk coffee.
Etymology: From caffè < (Turk.) kahve < (Arab.) (ARchar, ÙÙÙ) (qahwa) "coffee" < w:Kaffa, Kaffa, an ancient province of Ethiopia where coffee is said to have originated.Many sources state that the Arabic term also meant "wine".
- Dutch: (t, nl, mokka), (t, nl, koffiebruin)
- Italian: marrone(it)
- Spanish: café(es)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for coffee for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.