- A visible mass of water droplets suspended in the air.
- Any mass of dust, steam or smoke resembling such a mass.
- Anything which makes things foggy or gloomy.
- A group of objects, especially suspended above the ground or flying.
- He opened the door and was greeted by a of bats.
- Dutch: wolk
- French: nuage
- German: Wolke (1, 2), Schleier (3)
- Italian: nuvola , nube , nebbia (3)
- Spanish: nube
Translations: Etymology: clud.
- To become foggy or gloomy, to become obscured from sight.
- To make obscure (e.g. to cloud the issue).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cloud for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.