- A rope or cord tied up outdoors to hang clothes on so they can dry
- Hang this towel out on the clothesline for me.
verb (clotheslin, ing)
- Dutch: wasdraad , waslijn
- German: Wí¤scheleine
- Spanish: cuerda para tender la ropa
- To knock (a person) over by striking his or her upper body or neck with one's arm, as if he or she had run into a low clothesline.
- The ref called a personal foul, when he clotheslined the running back.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for clothesline for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.