- An instrument used to measure or keep track of time; a non-portable timepiece.
- The odometer of a motor vehicle.
- This car has over 300,000 miles on the .
- (electronics) An electrical signal that synchronizes timing among digital circuit, digital circuits of semiconductor chips or modules.
- Dutch: teller , kilometerteller
- French: horloge
- German: Tacho , Tachometer
- Italian: orologio
- Spanish: reloj
- (transitive) To measure the duration of.
- (transitive) To measure the speed of.
- He was clocked at 155 miles per hour.
- (context, transitive, slang) To hit (someone)
- When the boxer let down his guard, his opponent clocked him.
- (slang) To take notice of.
- Clock the wheels on that car!
- (context, UK, slang) To falsify the reading of the odometer of a vehicle.
- I don't believe that car has done only 40,000 miles. It's been clocked.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for clock for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.