noun (pl=chillis, pl2=chillies)
- The pungent fresh or dried fruit of any of several cultivated varieties of capsicum.
Etymology: From Nahuatl chilli.
- ''The farmers" market had a wide variety of chillis from anchos to jalepenos to habeneros.
- (uncountable) chili con carne, Chili con carne.
- I fancy having some for dinner tonight. What about you, Sandra?
- (uncountable) powder, Powdered chilli peppers, used as a spice or flavouring in cooking.
- I want to make this pasta spicy so I"m going to add some to it.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chilli for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.