noun (wikipedia, Chart, Chart (graph))
- A map for a very particular purpose, such as shipping or aeroplanes/airplanes, showing information useful for that purpose and ignoring most other information.
- (topology) A subspace of a manifold used as part of an atlas
- A graphical presentation of something.
- German: Diagramm , Schaubild
- To draw a chart or map.
- To draw or figure out a route or plan.
Translations: Etymology: From Greek chartes, Latin carta, . Charte, a sheet of paper to which the Stoic philosophers compared the soul at birth.
- "Let's how we're going to get from here to there."
- intrans. (of a record) appear on a hit-recording chart.
- "The song has charted for 1500 weeks!"
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chart for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.