- a distinguishable feature of a person or thing
- (mathematics) the integer part of a logarithm
- (nautical) the distinguishing features of a navigational light on a lighthouse etc by which it can be identified (colour, pattern of flashes etc)
- German: Merkmal , Eigenschaft , Charakteristik , Eigenart
- being a distinguishing feature of a person or thing
Etymology: From character.
- German: charakteristisch
- Spanish: característico , característica
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for characteristic for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.