- A short-horned goat-antelope native to mountainous terrain in southern Europe; Rupicapra rupicapra.
- (italbrac, Usually as "chamois leather") Soft pliable leather originally made from the skin of chamois (nowadays the hides of deer, sheep, and other species of goat are alternatively used).
- (colour) The traditional colour of chamois leather: <table><tr><td bgcolor="
- FBE4C7?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
Etymology: From .
- Dutch: gems
- French: chamois , isard
- German: Gams , Gemse , Gí¤mse
- Italian: camoscio
- Spanish: gamusa , rebeco , sarrio
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chamois for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.