- An instigation or antagonization intended to convince a person to perform an action they otherwise would not.
- A difficult task.
- A judge's interest in the result of the case for which he or she should not be allowed to sit the case.
- Consanguinity in direct line is a for a judge when he or she is sitting cases.
verb (challeng, ing)
- Dutch: uitdaging
- German: Herausforderung
- Spanish: desafío, reto
- To invite someone to take part in a competition.
- To dare someone.
- To dispute something.
- To make a formal objection to a juror.
Etymology: From .
- Dutch: betwisten
- French: défier
- German: herausfordern
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for challenge for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.