- A native of Chaldea; a Chaldee.
- A member of the Chaldean Catholic Church, a uniate church of the Roman Catholic Church.
- The Khaldi, an ancient people of the Caucasus; or, an Urartian.
- (context, Bible) A diviner or astrologer.
Etymology: á (khaldaios, "astrologer") (Herodotus 3.155); (Khaldaíkós, "of Chaldea"), genitive of (Khaldaía, "Chaldea").
- Of or pertaining to Chaldea specifically, or ancient Babylonia in general.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Chaldean for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.