- An animal belonging to the order Cetacea, including dolphins, porpoises, and whales.
- The tour promised spiritual experiences with humpback whales and other cetaceans, but all we saw were seagulls and a dead sea otter.
- In general, relating to large aquatic mammals, either directly or by analogy.
Etymology: New Latin cetacea from Latin cetus "whale".
- The obese woman, ungainly on land, moved with a kind of grace in the water.
- Specifically, belonging to the zoologic order Cetacea, or associated with species falling under that taxonomic hierarchy.
- The poached blubber was definitely in origin, but the particular species could not be identified.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cetacean for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.