- The middle portion of something; the part well away from the edges.
- (geometry) The point on a line that is midway between the ends.
- (geometry) The point in the interior of a circle that is equidistant from all points on the circumference of the circle.
- (rfv-sense) A person who is self-centered.
- (geometry) The point in the interior of a sphere that is equidistant from all points on the surface of the sphere.
- (geometry) The point in the interior of any figure of any number of dimensions that has as its coordinates the arithmetic mean of the coordinates of all points on the perimeter of the figure.
- A place where some function or activity occurs.
- shopping ;
- A topic that is particularly important in a given context.
- the of the controversy
- the of attention
- (basketball) The player, generally the tallest, who plays closest to the basket.
- (Icehockey) The forward that generally plays between the left wing and right wing and usually takes the faceoffs.
- The person who holds the ball at the beginning of each play.
- To cause (an object) to occupy the center of an area.
- To cause (some attribute, such as a mood or voltage) to be adjusted to a value which is midway between the extremes.
- To concentrate on (something), to pay close attention to (something).
Etymology: From Ancient Greek (term, grc, sc=polytonic, , tr=kéntron, , centre).
- Of, at, or related to a center.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for center for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.