|cease and desist||
- Demanding that one "ceases and desists from" continuing certain behavior, such as copyright infringement, trademark infringement, slander, or libel.
- Cease-and-desist letter
- The legal term used in demands for an entity to permanently stop doing something (or to cease and desist from doing it).
Etymology: Cease essentially meaning "stop", and desist meaning "do not do it again."
- Dutch: houd op en doe van afstand
- French: cessez et renoncez
- German: hí¶ren Sie auf und verzichten Sie
- Italian: cessi e cessi
- Spanish: cese y renuncia
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cease and desist for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.