- In a cavernous manner; like a cavern.
- 1933: s:Author:Robert_E._Howard, Robert Howard, s:Black Colossus, Black Colossus
- :The lurid unearthly glow still hovered in the shadowy chamber, lighting ghostlily the dead face of Thugra Khotan, which seemed to grin mirthlessly and at them.
- In a cavernous manner; sounding deep, hollow, or echoey.
- 1899: w:Stephen Crane, Stephen Crane, s:Making an Orator, Making an Orator
- :...the mother of the boy was alarmed beyond measure at Jimmie's curious illness, which caused him to lie on the rug in front of the fire and groan .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cavernously for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.