- (chemistry) A substance which increases the rate of a chemical reaction without being consumed in the process.
- (automotive) A catalytic converter.
- Someone or something that helps or encourages progress or change.
- I hope the new CEO will be a for change.
- Economic development and integration are working as a for peace.
- French: (t, fr, catalyseur, m)
- German: (t, de, Katalysator, m)
- Italian: catalizzatore(it)m
- Spanish: catalizador(es)m
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for catalyst for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.