- A person skilled at carpentry.
- (nautical) a senior rating in ships responsible for all the woodwork onboard; in the days of sail, a warrant officer responsible for the hull, masts, spars and boats of a ship, and whose responsibility was to sound the well to see if the ship was making water
- Dutch: timmerman
- French: menuisier ; charpentier
- German: Zimmermann ; Schreiner , Tischler
- Italian: carpentiere , falegname
- Spanish: carpintero , ebanista
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for carpenter for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.